My bet!! Most of you are not active Quora users. But as you read this article, you will realize that Quora is a great tool for driving traffic to your website. Let’s get into the nuances of how to promote your blog on Quora.
Fact and Figures
|Launched||June 21, 2010|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California, U.S.|
|Founder(s)||Adam D’Angelo & Charlie Cheever|
Quora is a question and answer website. You post your queries and Quora users post their answers. It’s a great collaborative concept where you get to know how different people think differently about the same problem. By answering Quora questions related to your niche, you demonstrate your expertise on a larger platform and in front of an immensely large audience.
According to a report published in SearchEngineLand.com in Sept 2018, Quora is receiving 300 million unique visitors every month. This figure is growing!!
You can promote yourself, your website, or your company’s brand by actively participating in Quora’s forum.
For account setup, you need to access the URL www.quora.com and login using your Google account.
You will be prompted to select at least 10 topics of your interest. You can choose your niche.
The next step is to optimize your account. Your account must be appealing.
- Add Your Profile Photo (1)
- Make sure to have your own name in the account. You can add your niche at the end of your name. (2)
- Add Profile Credential (3)
- Short Description of yourself that can have URL of your Website or your Company’s Profile. (4)
- In the ‘Knows About’ section, add the topics you know, contribute, and want to track potential customers. (5)
Now that you’ve created your profile on Quora, let’s try to learn how we can contribute to the Q&A forum while driving traffic back to our blogs.
In general, Quora is a question and answer site. Therefore, the basic task when using Quora is ‘Ask Questions’ and ‘Answer Questions’.
Of course, it depends on your creativity and copywriting skills as to how to formulate your questions or answers. Try to use images, reference links, and plain English.
Make sure readers looking for solutions to their problems leave your post with a sigh of relief!
Add URL to your blog while answering questions. The URL should point to the relevant article in your blog.
Another strategy is to find questions to answer that will give more visibility.
A simple way is:
- Go to your Profile.
- Select any of the topics that you have opted for in “Knows About” section.
- Chose option “Most Viewed Writers”
Here you will see 10 top writers with the most answer views in the last 30 days.
- Select the writer with the most answer views.
- Find the question that has the most view but few answers.
- Now, try to answer this question with all facts, figures, and thorough solutions.
Do not forget to add a link to your website in your answer.
On top right-hand, click your photo. You will get the ‘Stats‘ option.
Here you will see the number of ‘Views’, ‘Upvotes‘, and ‘Shares‘. You can also filter around questions you have answered and review starts against each query.
Lastly, the more visible you are, the more credible you will be!!! So, keep on writing in Quora.
There are millions of people out there seeking answers to their problems. Go and help them!!! It’s a WIN-WIN situation!!